What is Sexual Battery?
There are many instances under the law that can lead to someone being charged with the crime of sexual battery. The crime of sexual battery prohibits having sexual conduct, or sexual intercourse, with another person under certain circumstances. Ohio law makes a conviction for sexual battery a felony sex offense that can carry a prison sentence of up to five years, substantial fines, and mandatory sex offender registration.
More importantly, the stigma associated with a sexual battery allegation can lead to you being ostracized by friends, family, your community and within your profession. Before the situation escalates, you should consult with a criminal defense lawyer who is conscious of these concerns and will do their best to protect your name and keep you out of the media.
If you are under investigation or have been charged with sexual battery, The Martinez Firm is here to minimize the exposure and impact that these sex crimecharges can have on your reputation. Contact our office by phone at 216-875-5555 or toll-free at 877-OVI-OHIO to speak with one of our attorneys.
Ohio Sexual Battery Defense Attorneys
The Martinez Firm can help you if you are facing sexual battery charges stemming from the following circumstances:
- The accuser was sleeping or unaware of the sexual conduct
- Sneaking into someone’s bed and having intercourse when the other person believes that the offender is their spouse
- If the accuser is mentally or physically impaired by age
- If you are accused of inappropriate sexual conduct by a student and are a teacher, professor, guidance counselor, school administrative official, coach or scout leader
- As a mental health professional, if the sexual conduct occurs by falsely representing that it is necessary for treatment
- Prison officials or medical staff in charge of overseeing an inmate or patient
- If you are a member of the clergy members and someone who makes an allegation of unlawful sexual conduct
We are not here to judge you or make the determination if you should be forced from your job. Our role is to argue your case and provide you with the best defense representation that we can under law. Our goal is to help you protect your livelihood and standing in the community by obtaining an acquittal at a jury trial or succeeding in having the charges dismissed. If we cannot do this, we will aggressively negotiate on your behalf for an acceptable plea agreement.
The Legal Results You Need
When you need an attorney who is conscious of your present, past and future, we are here to help you pursue an aggressive defense to protect all aspects of your life. Contact our office by calling 216-875-5555 or 877-OVI-OHIO toll-free to speak with one of our attorneys about your sexual battery case. We are available 24-hours a day via answering service to answer your questions.