Are you facing jail time because you’ve been charged with a felony DUI/OVI? If you find yourself in this difficult position, it is important you contact a criminal defense attorney that can fight for you.
In Ohio, a person is charged with felony DUI/OVI if they have been arrested for a fourth OVI within a six-year period, or a sixth DUI within a 20-year period. The State of Ohio does not treat these cases lightly. There is a mandatory minimum of 60 days in jail. Moreover, due to recent changes to the felony drunk driving laws in Ohio, some offenders face a mandatory prison term for a felony drunk driving offense.
Contact our office by email HERE or by phone at 216-875-5555 or toll-free at 877-OVI-OHIO to speak with our attorney.
Cleveland DUI Felony Lawyer
Our Cleveland DUI Felony Lawyers have a history of lodging successful legal challenges that can help reduce or even prevent jail time for a felony DUI/OVI conviction. When you retain our firm, go over a strategy that will meet your goals, provide alternatives and discuss realistic expectations so you can understand what will happen and what to do next.
There are numerous ways we assist clients who have been arrested for a DUI/DWI/OVI. These include:
- Thorough examination of all possible defenses
- Intensive discovery of evidence including field sobriety tests and Breathalyzer/breath tests
- Discussion and negotiation of potential plea agreements with the prosecution
- Assistance with license suspension issues and reinstatement of driving privileges
- Handling of bond issues
- Assistance with reducing charges
- Minimization of the impact of penalties including jail time
- Assistance with other criminal charges that result from the arrest
- Help with assessments and treatment plans for substance abuse issues.